Hi, I have a custom Form that's attempting to expand the following

field.label=u'Elegant, sophisticated, discover Egypt\u2019s local customs'

in a template. The template code looks like

using some special debugging tricks I can determine that, immediately prior to the expansion, the field.label value is still in unicode and has the right value.

However, when the expansion takes place I see the following in the output html

                Elegant, sophisticated, discover Egyptâ€&trade;s local customs

so it looks as though something is being silly and doing the following

1) translate to utf8 ie 'Elegant, sophisticated, discover Egypt\xe2\x80\x99s local customs'

2) escaping \x99 as &trade; (trademark char is &#153; == &#x99;)

where should I start looking to locate the problem?
--
Robin Becker