The simplest solution:

remove south from the list of installed application, run
./manage.py syncdb
this will create you tables the way thay have to be and everything will
be ok.
This will not fix your south problem, but will allow you to use django cms.
If you later fix the south, just run
./manage.py migrate cms --fake

to fake all cms migrations currently in the project.

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 7:13 PM, wilbur <w...@unm.edu> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am having a hell of a time getting Django-CMS up and running. I am
> using Django 1.1.1, and South 0.7.3 (by way of using easy_install
> south systemwide, though my Ubuntu synaptic package manager says
> 0.6-1) on Ubuntu 10.04 (Lucid). I am following the CMS tutorial at
> http://readthedocs.org/projects/ojii/django-cms/docs/tutorial.html.
> When I try to run import south from the manage.py shell, I get the
> following error:
>
> There is no South database module
> 'south.db.south.db.django.db.backends.postgresql_psycopg2' for your
> database. Please either choose a supported database, check for
> SOUTH_DATABASE_ADAPTER[S] settings, or remove South from
> INSTALLED_APPS.
>
> I have south in the INSTALLED_APPS, and my database in settings.py is:
>
> DATABASE_ENGINE = 'django.db.backends.postgresql_psycopg2'
>
> Any detailed help would be much appreciated,
>
> Bill

eng. Ilian Iliev
Web Software Developer

Mobile: +359 88 66 08 400