I am working on a project in which I need to evaluate a field in one
model and based on its values add entries to another model. I don't
quite now how to succinctly put that into words which is why searching
for a solution has been so annoying.

Here is my example

Type_Choices = (
    ('Person', 'Person'),
    ('Machine', 'Machine'),
    )

class Model1(models.Model):
    type = models.CharField(max_length=100, choices=Type_Choices)
    name = models.CharField(max_length=100)

class Model2(models.Model):
    person_job = models.CharField()
    machine_job = models.CharField()

what I'd like to do is evaluate type on Model 1 when and entry is
first created and then if it evaluates to Machine create two new
entries in Model2. One for  machine_job = primary and one for
machine_job = secondary. I only want this to fire on the initial save
of the Model1 object.

Any help with actual code examples or ways of phrasing this so as not
to confuse google is appreciated.