I have been using Django for a little over two years as a freelance
developer.  I am currently working at a company where I am at the
beginning stages of a two-person Django app.  I have worked on group
projects before, quite some time ago, as an html editor.  I definitely
don't have experience at developing a two-person Django project. I
have he envisioned initiating a django project, initiating an empty
app under that project, establishing template and static folders in
the project.  After then I figured I would add the project to a github
repository then have my co-worker clone the project.  After that we
could work away on separate branches and merge when ready.  My co-
worker wants to have the repository only have the app part of the
project and the app will contain media and static folders.  Each
developer would have a project root with only manage.py, urls.py and
the clone app.  His thinking that this fits the Django way of doing
things more closely, but I don't see it this way and the only
explanation I can give is that I would be having all of the project's
files and folders in the standard django project folder.  I would
greatly appreciate hearing from anyone with insight or advice.  Thanks
in advance.