I've seen Django's samples and I can see they have decent error
handling. However I want to see if there is yet a better approach, a
general pattern to handle form validation errors in Django. This is
the sample I found here:

def contact(request):
    if request.method == 'POST': # If the form has been submitted...
        form = ContactForm(request.POST) # A form bound to the POST
data
        if form.is_valid(): # All validation rules pass
            # Process the data in form.cleaned_data
            # ...
            return HttpResponseRedirect('/thanks/') # Redirect after
POST
    else:
        form = ContactForm() # An unbound form

    return render_to_response('contact.html', {
        'form': form,
    })
Now I was wondering:

How can the view in "/thanks/" be sure that the form was validated?
Are there any common ways to pass the successful validation of the
form to the next view? Or do I need to do something manually such as
setting a flag in request's session?

How can one write this code in a way that when form is NOT valid and
the page is shown with errors upon submission, if user refreshes the
browser it wouldn't ask the user if they want to POST data again?