I did not have time to go over the implementation of ModelBase class
yet but I tried extend my test cases and want to update the progress.

I apply the Carpenter role (in the earlier post) in setUp of all test
classes in 2 small projects and add the test below in each of them.

-------------------
    def test_carpenter_role_applied(self):
        s = self.student
        self.failUnless(isinstance(s, Student))
        self.failUnless(isinstance(s, Carpenter))
        s.chop()

Just to test that the model are properly roled and ran the whole test
suite to see if any of my assumptions were broken. All pass! Quite
happy with the result. :)

Thank again to Bruno for his kind advice. ;)

Best regards,
Chokchai P.