On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 9:19 AM, john doe <thebiggestbangthe...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 5:16 AM, Jer-ming Lin <csie...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi John,
>>
>>    plz modify the Incident Model like Report Model,
>>
>> class Incident(models.Model):
>>   report = models.ForeignKey(Report)
>>   INCIDENT_CHOICES = (
>>          ('SF', 'SegFault'),
>>         ('ML', 'Memory Leak'),
>>         ('MC', 'Memory Corruption'),
>>  )
>>   type = models.CharField(max_length=2, choices=INCIDENT_CHOICES)
>>
>> Thanks again. I made the modification, yet I still get the error "Select a
> valid choice. SF is not one of the available choices." !
> Could it be that when the form is accepting input it is getting confused
> because the report has a type attribute and so does the incident.

Digging  bit more, taking out the
             {{ new_incident_form.type.errors }}
                 <label for="id_incidenttype">Type of Incident:</label>
                 {{ new_incident_form.type }}

fixes the error. However removing the same for reportType while keeping the
incidentType in place does not seem to help. This may indicate that the form
is *not* getting confused because both report and incident have a type
attribute. It seems there is an inherent problem with the incident type
itself.

Also if it helps, I am using the following to generate the html form
return render_to_response('index.html', {'latest_incidentreporter_list':
latest_incidentreporter_list, 'new_report_form':rform,
'new_incident_form':iform,'username':username})

so basically passing to form structures to the HTML page and then trying to
show new_report_form.type and new_incident_form.type
and that is where I run into issues.