On Dec 19, 6:20 pm, Tim Sawyer <list.dja...@calidris.co.uk> wrote:

> I think so, yes.  Something like this:
>
> You can then do something like
>
> anObjectA = ObjectA.objects.filter(id=1)[0]
> objectBs = ObjectB.objects.filter(object_a=anObjectA)

This requires 2 separate queries, right? I'm hoping to just have 1
trip to the DB.

> You could do this instead to avoid the anObjectA instance:
>
> objectBs = ObjectB.objects.filter(object_a__id=1)
>
> Hope that helps.  I'm a bit confused by what you're selecting in:
>
>  > SELECT * FROM TableA JOIN TableB ON TableA.id=TableB.some_id
>  > WHERE TableA.id=1
>
> What are you hoping to have returned?

I'm hoping to return the record from TableA with id=1 as well as all
the records from TableB with some_id=1.  Did I do that the wrong way?
An example would be in an auctioning system, return the details of the
auction with  id=1 and all the bids that have auction_id=1