On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 10:02 AM, Mingming Wang <mingofd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks a lot Javier! It takes me days to understand this.
> Hm...what if we don't use Redirect, what will happen in the wire? is it the
> following? If so, then no re submit problem lor. I must missed something
> out.
> <-  GET /yourapp/voteform/
> -> 200 OK (html with form)
> <- POST /yourapp/vote   (params)
> -> 200 OK (html with results)

The browser stores the state that a page was requested with. If at
this point, the user clicks refresh in their browser, then a browser
will typically resubmit the form, which is sub-optimal. By redirecting
to the appropriate page, you avoid this issue.

A common pattern with CRUD like queries is to redirect after any
modifying action, even if it is to the same page.

Cheers

Tom