On Wed, 2006-08-02 at 23:30 +0000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm just following the Django tutorial, and I'm having trouble before
> even getting started...
>
> I created a new project, switched to the project's directory and typed
> "manage.py runserver". This is the error I got:

So the error is saying it can't find settings.py in your project's
directory. Is it there?

Can you, inside the project directory, start a Python prompt and
successfully run "import settings"?

Is there anything you've forgotten to tell us? You really did just do
"django-admin.py startproject site", then "cd site", edit a couple of
lines inside settings.py and then "manage.py runserver"?

Basically, this shouldn't be happening, so there is something simple
going on here. Bear with us whilst we ask the seemingly obvious
questions and it should be solvable. :-)

Regards,
Malcolm