patrickk wrote:
> see http://demo.script.aculo.us/ajax/sortable_elements

>> On Wed, 2006-08-02 at 19:50 +0200, patrickk wrote:
>>> I´m just doing some dojo DnD-stuff for the django admin-interface.
>>> question: would you prefer instant saving?

The thing that I wasn't clear about was whether you were asking about
our preferences rhetorically, as in what do we think people in general
might prefer, or if you were planning to fix something for us and wanted
to make sure your solution was the best fit. My own expectation is that
we'll just add dnd (or whatever other ajax-y extras) ourselves when it
will be helpful - there are enough idiosyncracies in each case that a
custom solution seems to make the most sense.

I can't speak for adding drag-and-drop functionality to the built-in
admin interface since we haven't tried that yet, but you can read about
our no-frills instance of a Dojo drag-and-drop list at
www.carthage.edu/webdev/?p=6.  That example is for an administrative
page that we ended up building ourselves rather than tweaking the
built-in admin pages.

Dave