hi derek,

thanks for your hints - was I really that unclear? hm.

anyway, could you please give an example about how to "override/check the
value for that field after the form POST"? I don't seem to be able to do
that, and believe me, I have read the docs.

I think cleaned_data is only available after is_valid() was called, but
is_valid() throws an exception because the required field is missing - and I
can't set it.

The hidden field thing is the last thing I wanted to try. bad style, you
know :) , cause security risk.

thanks!
Axel.