I have a working .htaccess:

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{SCRIPT_FILENAME} !\.(gif|jpg|png|css|js|ico)$
RewriteRule   (.*)  /<wsgi_path>/$1

So the project that used to be at

http://www.<domain_name>/<wsgi_path>/

is apparently moved to

http://www.<domain_name>/

which is what I intended.

However, all hyperlinks made with {% url ... %} now point to

http://www.<domain_name>/<wsgi_path>/<and_so_on>/

I think I see why but fixing it is too subtle for me at this stage.  Is this
a Django problem or a mod_rewrite problem?

On the Django wiki I found a reference to the [PT] flag.  That led me to the
mod_rewrite dox and a reference to mod_alias.  I tried this but it failed:

RewriteRule   (.*)  /<wsgi_path>/$1 [PT]
Alias /<wsgi_path>/ /

Any help much appreciated.  Thanks, Robin