Hi!

I tried running "manage.py makemessages -l lv" in the project root
dir. At first I got the following error:

Error: This script should be run from the Django SVN tree or your
project or app tree. If you did indeed run it from the SVN checkout or
your project or application, maybe you are just missing the conf/
locale (in the django tree) or locale (for project and application)
directory? It is not created automatically, you have to create it by
hand if you want to enable i18n for your project or application.

Then I created the locale folder in the project root dir manually and
ran the command again. It created folders locale>lv>LC_MESSAGES. But
there were no files in the LC folder. I have all my translation
strings in templates (with {% trans abc %} syntax). I tried making
the .po file manually like  msgid "abc" msgstr "Some local
translation", I compiled them, but they didn't appear in the browser.
I've got the following questions:

1. If I create .po files manually, what I should write after the # in
the first line (I had no # line in my .po file)?
2. What could be wrong with the makemessages that it doesn't work?

I am using the 1.2.4 version on Arch Linux

Thanks in advance,
Karlis