Sorry if I confused people... I'm still looking for some feedback.
Really, I guess I just want to streamline CSS/layout/language/browser
testing so problems that commonly occur aren't discovered on the final
round of staging testing.

I imagine a test series like:

[ {
  series_name: payroll_screens,
  urls:  [ url1,url2... ]
  fixtures: payroll.json, employees.json
  },
]

And through a test url that puts a 'next/prev' widget somewhere like a
top bar, iterates through the urls (in an iframe?) while loading and
unloading fixtures.

Is this a really weird thing to want to do?  You can TDD almost
everything else in django through TestClient except for the end result
of how stuff looks.

Jennifer