hi,

I've been trying to find the answer to this for a bit, but haven't
found anything suitable.

I have postgresql 9.01, django 1.2.3 psycopg2 on ubuntu10.10

When I try to use syncdb i get an error as follows

"psycopg2.DataError: unrecognized time zone name"

I currently have my settings.py set to "Australia/Sydney".

I logged into postgres and set the TZ variable to AEST and started the
database.

But still get this.

I'm guessing it is something simple, but cannot find the answer.

Any ideas would be great,
Thanks,
Mark.