I usually end up in that way too. But I don't find it convenient.
There's lots of class relations and going back and forth is clumsy.
Also in most cases Im just after the specification of a class or where
it's defined and it takes longer time if you have to scroll down the
source code as well. Have a look at the API doc of a 3D library called
Ogre3d http://www.ogre3d.org/docs/api/html/annotated.html

Do you see what I mean? Fast, simple, clean and online! Very
convenient!