Hi Micah

On Jan 12, 10:11 pm, Micah Carrick <mi...@greentackle.com> wrote:
> I've got my site's authentication working with and email and password
> only--no username (thanks to Shawn Milochik for helping me with that).
> However, I still need to put in a username to make the User model happy. I
> was hoping to have "user" as a prefix and then some unique number.

couldn't you use the user.id after creating it?
i.e.

prefix = 'user'
###some code to save user###

user.your_field =  prefix + str(user.id)
user.save()

if you don't neet this value in the database you could put in your
mail directly the user.id
<h1>hello {{ user.id }}</h1>

unfortunately I cannot test this solution now (sorry, i've not django
in this machine)

hoping this help,
marco