I have a screen which displays just fine the first time in, however
when I knowingly submit the page without entering data in all of the
fields to cause an error the page loses some of the data and controls.
I'm sure my view code is probably missing something just not sure at
this point what exactly is missing. So far my view is coded according
to the example given in the document at
http://docs.djangoprojects.com/en/1.2/topics/forms/.
The example though does not seem to clearly indicate what should be
sent back to the screen in the case of errors. Below is my addchoice
view which is the one in question:

def addchoice(request):
    message = ""
    pollcount = Poll.objects.all().count()

    if pollcount > 0 :
        message = "Number of polls passed to form was " +
str(pollcount)
    else:
        message = "No polls passed in to form."

    dctnry = {}

    if request.method == "POST":
        form = AddChoiceForm(request.POST)
        if form.is_valid():
            poll = form.cleaned_data['pollquestions']
            slctdchoice = form.cleaned_data['newchoice']
            if isinstance(poll.id, int):
                newchoice = Choice(poll=poll.id, choice=slctdchoice,
votes=0)
                newchoice.save()
                confirmmessage = "Choice: " + slctdchoice + " : has
been save for poll: " + str(pollid) + "."
                dctnry = { 'form': form, 'infomessage': message,
'confirmmessage': confirmmessage }

    else:
        form = AddChoiceForm()
        dctnry = { 'form': form, 'infomessage': message }

    return render_to_response('polls/addchoice.html',
                                dctnry,

context_instance=RequestContext(request))

I would appreciate any suggestions for how to correc the code or links
to one or more complete screen error processing view code. Thanks for
the help.