It doesn't work that way. ORM translates you queries to SQL and the DB
is responsible for filtering. It is not possible to translate
arbitrary python function to SQL or pass it to DB engine. So you have
to formulate you query using .filter syntax or raw SQL.

Another possibility is to denormalize data: add 'complete' field to
the model and recalculate it on save (or whenever it make sense). This
is often a good solution and it is better than complex queries in
terms of performance.