On 04/08/2006, at 2:42 PM, Adrian Holovaty wrote:

On 8/3/06, Malcolm Tredinnick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
The traditional approach is that they are password entry boxes that are
empty and you only pay attention in the form processing if they contain
something (in which case the two entries must match, etc). I would have
though that worked fairly well in our case as well?

I'm not a huge fan of that approach -- it's kind of "magic." I'm
leaning toward the solution of hiding the password from the "Change
user" page and creating a separate, special-case "Change password"
view. This would be different from the user-facing "Change password"
view, as it would be used by admins.

I like the idea of a change password view,
could I twist your arm a bit and make it a  'generate random password and email it to the user view' instead of 'set password' ?
and possibly have the email point the user to a view to allow them to manually set it themselves?
this way the admin doesn't need to know what the password is, and you get to verify the email at the same time.

I'm not too passionate about it either way, but I'm just glad we've
finally fixed the "Add user" thing.

Adrian

--
Adrian Holovaty