Dear whoever is out there

This is my first e-mail to any kind of group.  I am also new to all the
concepts of programming, SQL, Python and Django.  I've worked quite hard
over the last six months to try an teach myself all these things.  I am
now writing an App and need some help with some calculating fields on my
model.  Although it would be nice to have someone just write the
required lines I would really like to know the concepts I'm missing.
I've trawled endless blogs and such like and although there is loads in
the Docs I can't quite seem to fathom the crux of my problem.

I have say class A with fields 1,2,3 say 3 = Decimal field
and then class B with fields 1,2,3 and say 3 =M2M field to A

I would like to pull into class B a calculation of class A.3 WHERE the
reference is linked in a row on class B.3

It maybe that there is only one reference on B.3 to A.3 but then again
there maybe 10 joins

Happy to send Model if needed but at the moment I'm unable to run the
server to provide admin error report, can C&P from terminal if that
would help with the error.