Debian maintains a repository of software that is available to download
and install easily.  The fastest way to do this is from the command
line.  "apt-get" is the program that will do this for you, you just give
it the name of the program you want, and it will download and install it
for you automatically.

In the case of Django, you probably just need to run "sudo apt-get
install python-django", and it will find django in the repository, plus
whatever dependencies it has, like python, and then install them for
you.  If apt-get finishes running without any errors, then you have
django installed.

If you're curious, the "sudo" part of the command just says to run it
with administrator privileges.  It will ask you for your user's
password.

--
Michael <mhall...@gmail.com>