> I usually do this by setting up a method to return an HTML link to a custom
> admin page, referencing that in the list_display tuple:
>
>     class MyModelAdmin(admin.ModelAdmin):
>         list_display = ('name', 'action_link')
>
>         def action_link(self, obj):
>             return "<a href='%s'>Do action on this object</a>" %
> reverse('action_view', args=(obj.pk,))
>         action_link.allow_tags = True

Thanks, this works. My idea did not, since it was nesting a form inside a form
and things got confused.

In your solution, how do you redirect from the view to the admin?

HttpResponseRedirect(request.get_full_path())
and
HttpResponseRedirect(request.META.get(‘HTTP_REFERER’)

both redirect me to the action_view url not the admin page i came from.

Thanks again!