I would recommend first converting it to an intermediary format, such as
JSON or XML, as described here:
http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.2/topics/serialization/

You can then use JavaScript to easily manipulate it in whatever way you
want.  This is basically the approach I take when doing AJAXy things.

HTH