I'm working on a project that requires a RSVP form for an event.

The first step of the form would ask first & last name, e-mail,
attending (yes/no/unsure), and total number of guests attending.
Currently I have this form correctly working and submitting to the
database.

The second step of the form would interact with a second table which
would be the guest list and it would only contain the first & last
name of each guest along with who registered them. It would give
enough forms to add the names of the guests from that party attending
(based on number submitted in the first step and only if the rsvp
response was Yes). The registered by column should be filled
automatically and be hidden on the client-side.
So far I have this working for just one name entry (pulls from POST
data).

So the real question is, what is the best way to go about adding a
secondary form which automatically provides enough name fields based
on the field filled in the first form? Also it should add the
registering guest's name to the first set of fields for convenience.

I'd be open to adding some sort of js/jquery/ajax/whatever to have the
form be all one page and dynamically add the number of name fields but
still save those to the second database table.