On 27 Jan 2011, at 13:28, Matthew Macdonald-Wallace wrote:
>        def save(self,*args,**kwargs):
>                if not self.id:
>                        self.created = datetime.date.today()
>                if self.Status.ClosesChangeRequest == True:
>                        self.completed = True
>                super(ChangeHeader, self).save(*args,**kwargs)
>
> but I assume the issue I'm running in to is that the Save handler
> doesn't know the current state of the Status field.
>
> Is there a better approach which avoids hard-coding?

If the user had selected a valid ChangeStatus for the Status attribute on the
change form; then I would expect you to be able to query the Status in the way
you do above (although my situation was slightly different; so just because I
would't expect something doesn't mean that is the way it is ;-)).

If you run with the above code, do you get an Exception?

aid