On Friday 28 January 2011 11:45:48 Nathan wrote:
> Cheers for the reply. The database in question is a remote database. I
> presume by Django user that you're referring to the local user account?
> Otherwise the user credentials in settings should be adequate.
>
> I'm guessing the only resolution to this is to hand craft the models?

That is correct.

You just have to remember declare managed = False ni API, and from my
experience (working with legacy Oracle DB for a good while), it's better to
pick only what you need.

One special note: Oracle DATE field stores both - date and time with resolution
of a second.

There is no equivalent field in Django. If you use date.DateTimeField you get
all kind of nasty exceptions when working with this kind of a legacy data
because DateTimeField expects to find TIMESTAMP type (date/time with resolution
of a fractions of a second)

We've worked around this by declaring our own custom field.

--

Jani Tiainen