On Fri, 2006-08-04 at 14:45 -0500, Tamara D. Snyder wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm getting this error message (in my apache error log) when I try to
> use fastcgi:
>
> (13)Permission denied: FastCGI: failed to connect to server "/Library/
> WebServer/Documents/django.fcgi": connect() failed
>
> I am using apache 1.3.  I've got the latest flup installed.  I am
> using the built in manage.py runfcgi:
> I start the process with this: python2.4 manage.py runfcgi
> daemonize=false socket=/Users/tamara/django.sock pidfile=/Users/
> tamara/django.pid (and I can see that processes have started)
> In httpd.conf I have this: FastCgiExternalServer /Library/WebServer/
> Documents/django.fcgi -socket /Users/tamara/django.sock

The httpd process needs to be able to read /Users/tamara/django.sock in
order to set up the socket connection. Can the relevant user (the user
running the Apache process) read this file? I assume you have already
checked they can read the django.fcgi file; the connect() error suggests
it cannot access the socket "file" (it's a file in that it has an inode
and can be opened and appears in a directory listing, but that's where
the similarity ends).

Best wishes,
Malcolm