Hi Scot,

Unfortunately, the patch to that ticket was committed after 1.2 was
released. That feature isn't available until 1.3 or in trunk.

What you see in the docs is an error. The original patch didn't
include an update there. I created a ticket to have the docs
corrected.

http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/15204

Preston