Thank you all for your comments. Perhaps I should clarify:

1. I'm not really interested in what is in the querystring, I'm only
interested in what is being sent as part of the POST request.

2. The method's full body is posted here: http://dpaste.com/380708; the
method "breaks"  at line 8 with the KeyError, when the POST QueryDict is
true, and when its requested via GET (for example, when I copy and paste the
URL in a new browser window), the GET QueryDict is empty as well.

3. In the POST QueryDict, the key is 'paymentid'.

4. After some troubleshooting it seems that the method is called twice, once
with a POST body, and once without (as verified by the server logs).

5. There is only one URL entry that points to the method, and it is always
requested via HTTPS and always from a third party (that's why there is
@csrf_exempt)

Thanks.