"maybe a chapter needs to be added as the
13th chapter in a Book, for example"

MPTT and the other trees are mainly used on data structures where node
insertion might happen anywhere on a tree.
In your case, you only put chapters in books and would never move a
chapter inside of a 'Library' or inside a 'File'.

In other words these trees are all made up of the same node type - the
typical example would be a 'Category'.
Categories can have subcategories, which have sub-subcategories, etc.

I'm not an expert but to me it doesn't look like you'd get much gain
from using MPTT in this situation.