Malcom,  sorry about the reply, I use my email client to interact with
google group and pressed reply so that it would use the right account to
send from (since I'm not subscribed with my default account).  Won't
happen again now that I know google groups is smarter than I though. ;)

I created a ticket:  http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/2488

Thanks,

Jay