I'm trying to create models dynamically for the django.contrib.auth User
model using the class_prepared signal.
My code works properly except when django.contrib.comments is installed.
Seems like class_prepared signals for auth models no longer fire when the
comments app is installed.

Here's a buildout illustrating the
problem.<https://github.com/shaunsephton/signaltest>
A class_prepared handler simply prints sender on each trigger.

Runserver without comments installed:

$ ./bin/django-without-comments runserver
Validating models...
<class 'django.contrib.auth.models.Permission'>
<class 'django.contrib.auth.models.Group_permissions'>
<class 'django.contrib.auth.models.Group'>
<class 'django.contrib.auth.models.User_user_permissions'>
<class 'django.contrib.auth.models.User_groups'>
<class 'django.contrib.auth.models.User'>
<class 'django.contrib.auth.models.Message'>
<class 'django.contrib.sessions.models.Session'>
<class 'django.contrib.admin.models.LogEntry'>
0 errors found

Django version 1.2.4, using settings 'project.without_comments'
Development server is running at http://127.0.0.1:8000/
Quit the server with CONTROL-C.

Runserver with comments installed:

$ ./bin/django-with-comments runserver
Validating models...
<class 'django.contrib.sessions.models.Session'>
<class 'django.contrib.admin.models.LogEntry'>
0 errors found

Django version 1.2.4, using settings 'project.with_comments'
Development server is running at http://127.0.0.1:8000/
Quit the server with CONTROL-C.

Is this a known issues in the comments app? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks