Hello,

My name is Anastasia Cheetham. I'm a developer with and the
documentation lead for the Fluid Project (http://fluidproject.org).
We're beginning the process of restructuring and redesigning the
documentation for our Infusion framework. Part of that process will
include migrating to a new platform for the creation and distribution
of documentation, and we're interested in learning about the
experiences of other open source projects, including Django. I'm
hoping that someone might have time to share some thoughts about how
you team manages documentation. For example:

- What platform does Django use for its documentation? (e.g. a wiki?
DocBook?)

- What did you like about your platform? What are its weaknesses?

- How easy or hard it is to customize the look and feel of the
interface with your platform? i.e. style, layout, navigation, etc.

- Do you use any form of auto-generated API documentation? If so, how
to you manage integration with more narrative text such as tutorials,
examples, etc?

- How do you manage versioning of your documentation (i.e.
documentation specific to a particular version of Processing)?

- Are developers involved in writing the documentation, or is that
left to technical writers?

- Do you support community input/editing of documentation? Why or why
not?

I thank you very much for your time, and for any thoughts you can
share.

acheet...@ocad.ca            Inclusive Design Institute
                                       OCAD University