I'm trying to make a form that, among other things, allows a user to
upload one or more files (the number of files will vary; it's a form to
upload images that are missing on a vaguely-Wiki-like page).  Each
uploaded file creates a new table entry; the non-FileFields in the
table are determined by other code that I've written.  I expect
filename conflicts to come up occasionally; I'd like for them to be
dealt with automatically, like they are in the Admin interface.  The
web form that allows for file upload also asks for additional data; I
have to handle that separately.

It seems like manipulators are usually the way to handle file-upload,
but how can I use manipulators to do something this complex?

If I can't use manipulators, how do I deal with FileFields by hand?;
just save the file myself and set "MyFileField = SavedFileName"?  Is
the Django function that makes a unique filename (currently by adding
"_", I believe) available, or do I have to write that myself as well?

Thanks,
Adam