On Sunday, February 13, 2011 03:46:15 am Ori Livneh wrote:
> Karen,
>
> Windows lets you mount FTP and WebDAV shares. Linux additionally has SSHFS.
> (Less likely to be useful, but also worth mentioning, are SMB and NFS.)

SSHFS is fine in the real world, it's only problem is that it reports
incorrect disk sizes. It's something that SSH itself doesn't know and can't
pass back fuse, iirc.  Though my use for it was a test run, using my home
computer and a crappy upload and a dreamhost server, it was really fine and
easy to work with. Much better than NFS+SSH that I've seen in some places.

Mike

--
An Ada exception is when a routine gets in trouble and says
'Beam me up, Scotty'.