This is the relevant VirtualHost configuration for admin media

WSGI
    Alias /media "/usr/local/www/static/media/"
        <Directory "/usr/local/www/static/media">
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
    </Directory>

MOD_PYTHON
 <Location "/media">
       SetHandler None
  </Localtion>

If this doesn't work perhaps you shoud could paste your VirtualHost
configuration.

Rgds,
Marcos

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 2:23 PM, Ashish Agarwal <agarwal1...@gmail.com>wrote:

> I'm still having trouble. My directory structure is:
>
> /usr/local/www/static
> |
> +- contrib/admin/media -- symlink to django/contrib/admin/media
> |
> +- media/admin/base_site.html -- modified version of base_site.html
>
> I've tried every combination of the following, but nothing is working:
>
> DocumentRoot /usr/local/www/static
> - does this need to be set at all?
>
>  Alias /media/ /usr/loca/www/static/...
> - not quite sure which directory this should point to
> - I've tried all sensible options, but none work
>
> ADMIN_MEDIA_PREFIX = '/media/'
> - Does this simply have to be equal to whatever URL is used in the Alias
> directive above?
>
> Thank you.
>

> On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 10:30 AM, Mike Ramirez <gufym...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>  On Thursday, February 17, 2011 07:14:16 am ashish wrote:
>>
>> > Hi all. I followed the tutorial to setup a basic django site and run
>>
>> > it with the development server. Everything looks fine. Then, I
>>
>> > configured to use apache. Everything seems to work except the styling.
>>
>> > The login and admin pages have no formatting. On IRC I was told the
>>
>> > issue is that the development server automatically serves the
>>
>> > necessary media, but that you have to explicitly configure apache to
>>
>> > serve static media.
>>

>> > Okay, but which media needs to be served for the styling to work? I
>>
>> > have not found the answer in the docs. Thank you for any help.
>>
>>  normally the path assigned to MEDIA_ROOT and ADMIN_MEDIA ... see below
>> for the configuration settings (pick your production environment)
>>
>> http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.2/howto/deployment
>>
>> Mike
>>
>> --
>>
>> If God had not given us sticky tape, it would have been necessary to
>> invent it.
>>
>>  --
>>

>  --

Some people, when confronted with a problem, think “I know, I'll use regular
expressions.” Now they have two problems.

Jamie Zawinski, in comp.emacs.xemacs