On Saturday, February 19, 2011 3:04:27 PM UTC, NewNumOrder wrote:

> I've tried enabling 'allow_tags' for a TextField, but the admin tools
> still encode the text when inserting or updating rows.
>
> Is the following code correct?
> some_field = models.TextField()
> some_field.allow_tags = True
>
> I can't even edit the HTML with phpPgAdmin because it does the same
> thing, so I'm forced to use pure SQL. Imagine updating a field with
> 5000+ char HTML with SQL ;)
>
> I hope somebody here knows a way to edit HTML from a DB more
> conveniently... Even if it's not Django-based.

No, allow_tags has nothing to do with textfields.

Django doesn't encode text when saving data from a textfield. It does encode
- actually, escape - the text when it is *output*, which you can avoid by
marking it as safe with the `safe` template filter. But nothing will be
changed on the way in.
--
DR.