On 4 Mar, 05:49, Ajay <ajayn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> am using django-sentry for logging errors. I also want to enable
> throttled error mails to be sent to admins whenever an error occurs.
> But I can not get it working.
>
> a) Normal django error mailing is working. b) but on removing ADMINS
> and adding SENTRY_ADMINS(like below) it stops working:
>
>    DEBUG = False
> TEMPLATE_DEBUG = DEBUG
>
> SENTRY_TESTING = True
>
> ADMINS = ()
> SENTRY_ADMINS = ('my.n...@domain.com',)
>
> MANAGERS = ADMINS
>
> MIDDLEWARE_CLASSES = (
>         'sentry.client.middleware.SentryResponseErrorIdMiddleware',
> )
>
> EMAIL_USE_TLS = True
> EMAIL_HOST = 'smtp.gmail.com'
> EMAIL_HOST_USER = 'n...@gmail.com'
> EMAIL_HOST_PASSWORD = 'password'
> EMAIL_PORT = 587
>
> Though entries are correctly being made and shown in panel. I mark all
> errors as resolved before testing(to satisfy throttle condition of
> sentry) but it is still not working.
>
> Can anyone point to what I am doing wrong here?

Everything looks ok on the first sight. Do you have sentry and
sentry.client
in your INSTALLED_APPS ? Does console SMTP backend print anything ?

One thing that once bit me was that ADMINS required tuples,
whereas SENTRY_ADMINS was just a plain string list.
But you seem to have this set correctly.

--
Tomasz Zielinski
pyconsultant.eu