Hello everyone!

In the last weeks, I've been working on a PyGTK-based tool that eases
the deployment of web sites to remote servers. It is cross-platform,
tested on Windows and Linux, and comes with support for Django sites. I
tried to make usage as easy as possible, but there's also documentation
available, showing how to deploy a Django test site.

As an additional advantage for Django users, Site Deploy can
automatically wrap a Django site's settings module in a way that the
site can be "mounted" on arbitrary URL paths - normally, Django sites
won't work correctly on paths other than "/" (e.g. problems with
redirects and the URL reverse() function).

So if you are interested in this software, here's what you can do:

    * Install and test it
    * Tell me what you think. Would you use it at all?
    * Any problems encountered? Bugs? Feature requests?

Please refer to the documentation on site-deploy.sourceforge.net
<http://site-deploy.sourceforge.net>. Source code is on Launchpad
(https://launchpad.net/site-deploy). Screenshots can be viewed on
sourceforge.net/projects/site-deploy
<https://sourceforge.net/projects/site-deploy/> but are also in the
documentation.

Installation is very easy on Ubuntu (from my experimental PPA):
  apt-add-repository ppa:andidog/ppa
  apt-get update
  apt-get install site-deploy

On Windows, you need GTK (with Glade support) and the Python modules
PyGTK, PyGObject, PyCairo and lxml. Sorry, no installers yet.

Best regards,
 Andreas