Thanks Thomas,

These two solutions look interesting, but they are a lot more than I
required :)

I also think that a recommendation to copy a file and override it is
wrong - it kills future compatibility, regardless of how this would
really be solved..

Let's wait a few days and if not answer is accepted, raise it at dev
list.