Here just i had written django script to calculate in my data

MarketUpdate in my django model
Here i am passing two custom fields 'ticker' and 'test_start_date'(datetime
format)
this script is finely working while executing in django shell
It displays error after calling as a method "stock_up()"

from optionsAlpha.models import MarketUpdate

from datetime import datetime

from django.db.models import Q

def stock_up(ticker, test_start_date):

#stock_value=0

mu1 = MarketUpdate.objects.filter(Q(stock_symbol=ticker) &
Q(update_timestamp__gt=datetime(test_start_date))).order_by('stock_value')

#print mu1[0].stock_value

max_stock=mu1[0].stock_value

count=0

for i in mu1:

     if i.stock_value >= max_stock:

         max_stock = i.stock_value

         count+=1

        return count

Output when calling this method from django shell:

>>> dat

datetime.datetime(2011, 3, 19, 8, 58, 28, 999615)

>>> ticker

'GOOG'

>>> stock_up(ticker,dat)

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "<console>", line 1, in <module>

  File "/home/hirelex/optionsalpha/optionsAlpha/trade_count.py", line 6, in
stock_up

    mu1 = MarketUpdate.objects.filter(Q(stock_symbol=ticker) &
Q(update_timestamp__gt=datetime(test_start_date))).order_by('stock_value')

TypeError: an integer is required

Here Stock_value is another field (float) in my model. just i need to order
it
what is the meaning of this error? How to resolve it? could you suggest it