Hi,

   We have a setup in which we can't afford downtime (even while
deployment).

Our setup is based on lighttpd + django (on fcgi via flup). What my
problem is, when we restart django, the site goes down for about a
couple of seconds (and all API calls to DB remains incomplete
resulting in 500.html being rendered for users).

We need a setup in which we can restart our system in a safe way.

As an initial thought, instead of 1 site instance, lets have 2, then
use lighty's load balancing to have both the instances run, then drop
the previous instance.

Is this feasible? Will it lead to inconsistencies? How can I still
ensure that calls on previous instance completely stops before
dropping it?

Any other way to do this?

Tx