Hi,

I just had to implement some custom template tags, and figured out
that template files are parsed each time a request is received (more
precisely, I noticed this behavior while in debug mode, but didn't
expect to have it with debug = False).

I may have missed something, but I thought the only reason why parsing
(building a template node) and rendering (execute the node "render"
method) were two separated steps was because template was parsed only
once then stored in a "compiled" form. Django's cache framework
doesn't seem to be what I'm searching for, since if caches the entire
rendered template along with its dynamic context, thus shadows all
changes I make on printed variables unless I manually invalidate the
cache.

Did I miss the entire point of using Django templates? Since my
templates won't change once in production, parsing them on each
request wasn't exactly the way I planned to use my server CPU, but I
suppose I'm not doing it the right way ;)

Thanks for your help!

Regards,
F.