I've set up python 2.7 on slax.
I've also set up django 1.1 on slax. Slax does things a little
differently, so it appears. django is installed at
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/django

python 2.7 does not know where to find django, because the path to
django is not being added to sys.path.

I've created a .pth file that has as it's contents:
##
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/django
##

However python is not picking it that path. I have tried the .pth
file in two different locations:
/usr/lib/python2.7 and /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages

On my main workstation, most (but not all) .pth files are in
/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/ but 2.7 does not seem a
'dist-packages' directory at all.

Any help would be appreciated.
thanks
--
Tim
tim at johnsons-web dot com or akwebsoft dot com