Assuming the South is very similar to Django from the documentation at the
link. Here are some pointers.
1. Have you tried listing manage.py by trying ls command?
2. If you try ls -l, what are the permissions for manage.py?
3. Have you tried python manage.py?
4. Is there a shebang line at the top of manage.py file assuming the file
exists?

Please try these approaches. Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,
Sumod

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 8:19 PM, jay K. <jay.developer2...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am following the tutorial at
> http://south.aeracode.org/docs/installation.html#installation-configure in
> order
> to install South.
>
> I've installed it successfully and modified INSTALLED_APPS so
> it includes 'south', in the settings.py
>
> now I execute the command: ./manage.py shell inside my current project, but
> get a "permission denied" message,
> so I execute the same command, this time with sudo, so sudo ./manage.py ,
> but it tells me that
> ./manage.py command not found
>
> can anyone explain me what's wrong?
>
> thanks