ihomestore wrote:

> A simple case would be: once users login, if we do not keep track of
> user session, how do we know it is the same user once he / she diverts
> to other pages (we do not want to ask user to login for every new page
> s/he visits).

 Okay, so duplicating the functionality of django's authentication
framework for the same purpose - customising access to things and so
on.

> > The only other way I can think of to keep some state between web pages
> > is to have a form with some hidden fields and make every request a
> > POST. Eeeyuck.
>
> This is better than URL fiddling.

 Well I wish you luck in implementing it! Personally I'd rather go
visit everyone who doesn't have a browser that can handle cookies and
install a browser that can for them!

Barry