Thanks Mike. Yes I am following the philosophy of separating things.
The "GUI" is separate and resides in the templates and it simply used
for data display and data entry. I keep everything modular and try not
to mix functions and modules. I'll follow your ideas and see how
things work. Thanks for taking the time to respond.