We have a site with a lot of static HTML pages and a few Django pages. Dajaxice
is used on both the static and Django pages to check whether the user is logged
in and show the login status to the user. The problem is that since the user
will typically visit the HTML pages first, the user will not have a CSRF cookie
stored when the first AJAX request is made and Django rejects the request. Is
there any elegant way to solve this? I've now disabled CSRF protection for all
AJAX requests, which is not a problem right now since we don't do anything
dangerous or send sensitive data with AJAX, but could become risk in the future.

Kind regards,
Vincent